Luggage Storage in Milazzo
Castle of Milazzo. Begun by the Arabs, enlarged by the Normans, restored and strengthened by Frederick II.it is surrounded by walls with round towers built under Alfonso V of Aragon, with a Gothic portal dating from the 14th century. Near the castle are the ruins of the fourteenth-century palace of the grand jury and the old cathedral (1603) probably built on a design by architect Camillo Camillians.
Other sights include:
the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
the Baroque Church of the Holy Crucifix (1629), housing a wooden canopy from the 18th century and a wooden crucifix from the early 17th century.
Rock church of St. Anthony of Padua
Sanctuary of St. Francis of Paola